A few weeks ago, we talked about the importance of CONNECTING with our teams. It's a skill that takes practice and time, but we encourage you to keep trying and not give up on it.
Practical Connection Skills
• Go first. This is difficult. So many times we're standing around for the other person to make the first move. Don't.
• Focus on others. Again, this is counter-intuitive, but it's where the real connection commences.
• Find common ground. We'll talk about this again, but it's possible with almost anyone.
• Find what they care about. This will come as you listen.
• Be authentic. People can tell when you're full of crap, so be who you are and appreciate them for who they are. The mutual respect will take you both far.